Documenting my sewing adventures, and the ins and outs of learning to adjust patterns for a perfect fit.

McCall 7121, Well that went down hill fast

Well this project will be pushed to the side until June-Never

So I started off very simple, well sorta I bought some fabric which I thought was CREAM, and it came and its GREEN, so after getting passed the disappointment I had to figure out how to make it work.
The fabric has a border print, so i had to figure out how to cut out the pattern and use the border print since that was the focal point of the fabric. This meant I had to cut out all 4 pieces one by one, a pain.
So I finally got it cut out, and if you recall I said about a week ago, I wasn't going to cut out any more patterns while watching basketball. Ooops

I'm smaller on the top and bigger on the bottom, but I'm still a plus size so for this pattern I cut out the 16 top, which I probably should have done 18, and I cut out the 22 for the bottom. No problem I tell myself I would just gather the skirt to to match up the top.

Well that didn't go so well so after gathering the skirt and trying to attach it and not being happy. I figured I would just end up making this until a 2 piece garment!
I did try to attach the elastic directly to the skirt, well that didn't go to well. I bust the stitches, apparently with that option you should use stretchy thread.
I will figure it one day, because I have to figure out how to do the casing for the skirt, and figure out how to finish the top. I will save this project just not any time soon.

Okay I will set a deadline by the first day of Summer I will figure out how to save this project but for now on to the next project,

The pattern itself instructions was not bad at all, however my front pieces didn't seem to align perfectly with my back pieces. I did measure the cut pieces against the pattern and it measured up, not sure what happen there.

The Journey of an incomplete project

Matching up the patterns

I thought I did good

The back

It Shimmers!! New Look 6150

I had my fabric all set out for this pattern, and even with my most creative maneuvers, I could not get all the pattern pieces on the yard of fabric I had (and yes the envelope does call for like 1 yard and 1/4 or so I still thought I could squeeze on a yard), so I had to go digging for some fabric and came come with the gem.

It's a remnant piece from I'm assuming Hancock fabric, and it was enough to get this project done.
I do plan on making some pants for this shirt but I'm still deciding if I want a wide leg pants or skinny leg.

I plan on making the other views I made view E, once I find that perfect length of fabric in my stash. I matched up the stripes pretty good. Although my arms were not matched to the bodice, but the front and back sleeve stripes is lined up.

I used my serger on this project, and I thought I would be very optimistic and decided to do the facing on the serger, well I put the facing on the wrong side, so I had to rip out all those stitches. What a pain!!!
So lesson learned..I will stick to sewing the seam on the sewing machine for now, until I can watch tv and pin a garment correctly..

I did use the stay tape on this project on the hem and the shoulders and neckline

                                          



It wouldn't fit! I wanted this shirt bad lol

So went to Plan B 


Finished Garment


New Look 6150 View E


New Look 6150 View E
New Look 6150 View E

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig